WaveLynx Ethos Access Readers
Our goal is making the transition from legacy, physical credentials, such as 125 kHz prox, to highly secure smart cards and mobile credentials seamless. Ethos readers will work with your existing legacy proximity credentials until you are ready to upgrade on your own timeline. Secure smart card or Bluetooth® credentials can be introduced at any time, and the Ethos readers will work with your old and new credentials simultaneously. We support credential-to-reader security based on AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), the most secure standard known today.
The Ethos readers were designed from the ground up to help small, one facility and global organizations transition from their existing solution into new. All of our standard readers feature OSDP™ communication with the patent pending "auto-detect" feature. The reader will automatically switch from the Wiegand protocol to OSDP™ when the panel is upgraded to OSDP™, with no need to configure, rewire, or upgrade the reader in any way. The multi-technology readers can be configured with a unique, WaveLynx invented, filter to ensure absolutely no conflicts when using dual technology cards to support a gradual transition strategy.
Features & Models
- Multi-tech models offer simultaneous support for:
- 125kHz proximity cards
- 13.56MHz (NFC) smart cards
- Mobile credentials via Bluetooth® 4.0 or later
- Wiegand or OSDP™ (Open Supervised Device Protocol) on the same wire (with auto-detect)
- BLE read-range algorithm and calibration
- Bright red/green/amber LED
- Read range up to 4 inches for RFID cards, up to 30 ft for Bluetooth® long range keyfobs
- Fingerprint-resistant, black textured finish
- Lifetime warranty*
- Solid metal plate for wall mounting
- Backlit metal keys
- Serialized for traceability and support
- 3D tamper sensing (onboard accelerometer)
- Ultra-low power mode (upon OSDP™ message)
- Patented RF shield to add directionality to Bluetooth® signal
- Fits into a US, UK, or EU electrical back box
Note worthy: Designed and made in the USA
ET10 Mullion Reader
The Ethos Mullion reader is offered in various models including 125 kHz (standard prox), 13.56 MHz smart (NFC), and Bluetooth®. Designed to fit on the mullion strip found adjacent to most commercial doors.
ET20 Wallmount Reader
The Ethos Single-Gang Reader is offered in various models including 125 kHz (standard prox), 13.56 MHz smart (NFC), and Bluetooth®. Sized to fit perfectly in a single gang electrical box and cover the footprint of popular legacy readers that have been replaced.
ET25 Keypad Reader
The Ethos Keypad Reader is offered in various models including 125 kHz (standard prox), 13.56 MHz smart (NFC), and Bluetooth®. Our reader is housed in black plastic with backlit metal keys. Sized to fit perfectly in a single gang electrical box and cover the footprint of popular legacy readers that have been replaced.